What to do when you arrive with the purchase at home? And inside the supermarket? Do you have to wear gloves? All the tips to avoid contagion when shopping
These days of confinement everyone tries to leave home as little as possible, but there are those who are forced by work or to buy food or some essential product. And this last point is one of the most worrying elements.
Since the state of alarm was decreed, routines have changed when shopping and now it is common to see queues outside supermarkets and food stores or keep the recommended distance and wear masks and gloves. But despite everything there are still many doubts: how to act when going to the supermarket? What to do when you return home? Below we will try to detail all the recommendations that must be followed to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
What Should Be Considered When Shopping?
- Plan the purchase: Before leaving home it is very important to plan what will be in the next few days, to minimize time away from home. The Consumer and User Organization (OCU) recalls that it is important to limit departures and that you only have to leave when strictly necessary. The authorities recommend going shopping once a week.
- Go alone: The authorities discourage going with children, the elderly or people with health problems. The best option is to go shopping alone. Above all, if you have any symptoms, try to avoid them. In this case, it is better to have someone bring what you need to your door. It is necessary that everyone who has symptoms avoid contact with others.
- Do not go at peak times: You have to be aware that many food stores have changed their hours. Therefore, before leaving, it is better to look at what hours they do now.
- You have to keep your distance: Experts recommend not approaching more than 1.5 meters to the others. They also recommend that if there are many people it is better to wait outside. Most establishments already control the capacity.
- The bags from home: It is always much better to carry your bags, trolleys or baskets. Once at home, experts recommend washing them in the washing machine with hot water.